ROY G BIV Gallery for Emerging Artists is seeking entries for Shift, a pop-up exhibition hosted by Wild Goose Creative. The exhibition will open for one night on July 27, 2018 at Wild Goose Creative (2491 Summit St, Columbus, OH 43202) and will be juried by Laurie VanBalen.
Shift is an exhibition dealing with transition. Whether physical or mental, personal or sociological, positive or negative, change itself is a constant. ROY G BIV is looking for work that addresses any form of change and its impact on all scales.
ABOUT THE JUROR
Laurie VanBalen is a visual artist from central Ohio. Her career in the arts spans 35 years of commissioned paintings and works in private collections, exhibits, book illustration and graphic design. She is the founder and director of Art Soup Studio, which provides creative workshops and programs for schools, libraries and community centers, in addition to classes for all ages in her home studio. She is the project director and producer of The Columbus Crossing Borders Project, an initiative with a mission to inspire understanding, compassion and support for refugees, currently in production as a traveling art exhibit and documentary film.
ELIGIBILITY AND FINE PRINT
- The exhibition is open to 2-D and 3-D works. All work must be ready to hang and include any special installation hardware. Two and three-dimensional work size constraints are 6' x 6' x 6’ and no more than 50 lbs. Video equipment must be provided by the artist.
- Any works previously exhibited with ROY G BIV may not be submitted for this exhibition.
- If work must be shipped, artist is responsible for packaging and shipping expenses.
- Please visit www.roygbivgallery.org/membership or email email@example.com for more information on membership opportunities.
- All artists will be notified via email upon selection. Selected artists will be required to sign an exhibition agreement and publicity release. ROY G BIV Gallery has a sales commission of 35% on works sold.
- Complete the submission form
- Submit the $15 entry fee (Entry fee is waived for current ROY members)
- Email up to 3 images or videos, your resume, list of works and artist’s statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission guidelines are included below
Email 1–3 photos/video links, artist's statement and list of works to email@example.com.
- File names: Name file with only a number (e.g., 01.jpg)
- File format: JPEG or PNG
- File size: No larger than 2 MB per image
- 1 detail shot may also be included.
- Please do not embed your name on any images.
- For video submissions, upload your videos to YouTube or Vimeo and submit their URLs via email.
- It is not necessary to remove your name from your account or videos.
- If accepted, video artists must supply their own technical equipment (e.g. projectors, monitors, DVD players).
Artist's Statement and List of Works:
- File names: Please do not include name
- File formats: PDF or DOC
- List of Works should include the following for each work
- File name (e.g., 01.jpg) or video URL (e.g., https://www.youtube.com…)
- Year of completion
• June 7: Submission Deadline
• Early July: Notification of Acceptance
• July 24: Work Drop-Off
• July 27: Opening Reception
• July 29: Deinstall